Hi everyone, Tony (Sound Operator) here!
As you can see from Beth's previous post, production for The Wyatt Diversion is almost over! The management at our location, Hanbury Manor, have kindly allowed us to return for a few hours tomorrow to film some extra shots (such as cutaways), and as Sound Operator I'll be recording any extra useful sounds, provided I have the time.
So far the sound for the production has gone fairly smoothly, although we had quite a scare Sunday night from finding out some sound that had been recorded last Friday was of an absolutely awful quality, and was practically unusable. We found out that our camera was recording sound badly, and luckily we managed to get hold of a Zoom H4n to record sound onto, just in time for more important shots with dialogue being filmed on Monday.
Mondays shoot went very well; so well that we even finished the days scheduled filming and had time to film scenes that were planned to be done today. There were some issues, such as a few early shots having the boom inside the frame, but sound came out well, and I'd previously been to the location and done a sound recce, so was prepared for how well the sound would turn out on the day.
As for today, things didn't go quite as smoothly. The cable connected to the sound kit is beginning to wear, and at one point the sound disconnected during a take. We managed to solve this issue by laying the H4n and its wires flat on the ground throughout recording, and as long as they weren't nudged the sound was recorded crystal clear. As well as this I also recorded some atmos tracks; I've recorded fairly good tracks for our exterior scene as well as our interior 'night' scene, however I was unable to get a clean atmos track for the main interior day scene. Hopefully I'll be able to get this tomorrow... Wish me luck!
Sound Operator signing out.
No comments:
Post a Comment